COMA (Central Ohio Malayalee Association) is a non-profit association run by Malayalees for Malayalees in the Columbus metropolitan area. Malayalees hail from the beautiful coastal state of Kerala in India. The Central Ohio Malayalee Association (COMA) was formally registered as a “not for profit” organization in October 2007. COMA strives to bring Central Ohio Malayaees together and also organizes various cultural and seasonal events throughout the year.
COMA also serves the general Central Ohio community through an active Meals on Wheels Program, YMCA Food Prep Volunteering and other volunteering activities. COMA conducts Malayalam Language classes to school students and organizes at least 4 functions for the Malayalee community every year including Valentines Night Celebration, Summer Picnic, Onam Celebration and Christmas Celebration.
Some of the organization’s goals include:
- Provide a forum to promote and preserve social and cultural integration of Malayalees in Central Ohio
- Promote friendship and cultural exchange with similar organizations in the US
- Promote the enrichment of life and social welfare of the local community in general and Malayalees in particular
- $35 per family for annual membership (Admission fee for regular events* required)
- $20 for individual annual membership (Admission fee for regular events* required
- $300 for sustaining membership (Admission fee for regular events* not required)
Membership is for one year, and ends on the 31st of December for the year.
- Talent show
- Summer Picnic
- Any other event determined by the Executive Committee
Please contact email@example.com to become a member of COMA or if you have any questions. Please send us an email if you would like to be added to our email list.